We are snug and warm in our little Cape Cod style house, you saw it in the last post. I'm painting one of the bedrooms this weekend. Both bedrooms, the hallway and the living room were painted some kind of drab tan. It wasn't even a pretty tan. The paint was in good shape but it's just not my color. The problem with painting in the winter is that the air is so dry. I'm using Sherwin Williams low VOC paint which has very little odor at all and that dissipates in about an hour. The problem is that the air is so dry paint in my tray also dries very fast and I was getting chunks of rubbery gunk on the roller from of the sides and/or bottom of the tray. But I'm managing.
But I didn't intend to talk about painting today. I was to show off our snow.
Here's a photo of Craggy our cement garden-art Cairn Terrier, taken last summer.

This one was taken January 3... my birthday.

And finally, here he is (or isn't) again yesterday.

I do realize that this snow is nothing compared to folks who live in Minnesota or New Hampshire or most of Canada, but this is the first time I've lived in a locale that gets this much snow since I was in the third grade and I'm loving it.


12 comments:
Maybe you could teach me to love snow again, CF, and I could move back north! In the meantime, watch the flakes fall for me, and I'll try to stay warm down here. And will send some sunshine up there to you. Thanks for the comparison pictures!
Hi Beth!. Hope nothing has frozen down there. It's all a matter of living where you know what to expect. In Florida you expect heat and sun. Unfortunately you are getting chilly to downright cold weather just now. Up here we expect snow and bursts of sun every now and then. Other parts of Ohio don't get this much. Same is true of Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, you get the picture. Easiest thing to do is just go with the flow wherever you are. :-)
Craggy doesn't seem to mind the snow:) Myself, I'm thoroughly sick of it.
Recently I heard about some bad highway accidents in Ohio. Hope that wasn't near you.
Marnie
Hi Marnie. Haven't heard anything about bad accidents so I guess they're not nearby. We've been staying pretty local and the streets are well cleared in our town. Thanks for thinking of me.
No, Craggy never complains. He's very quiet, unlike his living companions everywhere. :-)
Hi CF,
I'm glad you're loving the snow. I know I miss it.
I guess I'm like Roses and Lilacs that I would thoroughly sick of it, but it has been years and now I miss it.
I hope you're doing fine and take care.
FM
Hi FM. Good to see you. I guess this means the computer is still running. Yes, I like the snow now but starting in February, I'll be starting to think a lot about gardening. I'm already reading the catalogs. :-)
Happy New Year, Coneflower :)
I love the snow too...come and see all the wildlife around me...
http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2010/01/importance-of-finding-beauty-in-light.html
Hello Wildlife Gardener. I went to your blog and what a joy it was. You do live in a paradise. I left you a comment there. Thanks for stopping by here.
We've had more snow than normal this year- it is actually a blessing when the temps drop so low.
I can't stand to paint walls in the winter- just can't take the smell. I'm one of those people who has to have windows open. But the tan does sound depressingly drab.
Love the cute Cairn- bet he doesn't cause much trouble ;)
Hi Ilona! Good to see you. I got "low VOC" paint....little or no smell. There was a small amount but not at all overbearing. It dried really fast too.
Yep, little Craggy is the best behaved furkid I've ever had. But he's not much to cuddle with. :-)
We've had a January here in nw Ohio melting most of the snow. I prefer a thick blanket of snow, too. It's the freezing and thawing that can wreak havoc on gardens heaving plants out of the ground. I'm sure cold weather will be back soon and maybe a nice covering of snow, too.
Hello T Opdycke. Thanks for stopping by. That last warm week will be tricky. I hope it didn't get anything awakened too much. I went out to my garden and picked some oregano. Looked great after being under snow for so long.
Post a Comment