photo from last summer.

Snow is all gone from my yard except one small patch in the back where it is always in shadow from the neighbor's garage.
After my first inspection I found the following are all showing a presence: tulips, daffodils, pulmonaria, daisies, sedums, lobelia, lily.
These never died out completely: thyme, some grasses, heuchera, bubblegum plant, and pansies!
Still to show: roses, gaura, and some others.
I've kept a few piles of leaves to toss back onto the garden if it gets really cold again.
I'm so happy to have dirt under my nails again...


6 comments:
Almost all our snow has melted too. We've had some really warm days this week.
All that snow kept many of my plants in amazing condition. Some of my roses still have green lower leaves. That's never happened before.
Marnie
Hi Marnie,
Same thing here. I even have pansies that are nearly ready to bloom. My pulmonaria has flower buds and the thyme has never stopped growing. Such fun!!
Hi CF,
Wonder of wonders, my computer decided to work this morning. :)
I'm glad it's turning spring so you can get back into your garden. I read your post about Mena. I think it is a touching and wonderful tribute to your grandmother.
Both George and I are doing fine. It looks like the surgery on my leg will be taking place here pretty soon. I'm still in the house and the sibling aren't really pushing for me to be in another place, so everything is fine so far.
I hope you've been doing good. If my computer keep working I'll try to drop by a little more often.
Take care
FM
Hi FM. So nice to see you out and about on your computer. As I mentioned before, my main computer has died just this morning. It's at the shop now so we're waiting for a report.
Spring is so exciting. I love renewing friendships with my little green neighbors as they reappear.
We gardeners are definitely affected by the gardening bug...why else would we say we are glad to feel the dirt under our nails...I so relate to that comment, especially after the long Winter... :)
And you had such a terrible winter. We had a lot of snow here too. It was a record year. But now everything is up except the ornamental grasses. They are always slow. As near as I can tell all of our new planted-last-year trees are budded up for spring.
We should start a "dirt-under-the-nails" club. :-)
Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment