
I guess there was a reason after all for the sad look on Rory's face... We had to take him back to his breeder. He had issues that we could not deal with and cute as he was and a precious little soul, he was not the doggie for us. The breeder will find a new home for him that will be better for him. He will make a dandy earth dog or maybe even agility. He has all the natural talent and more that makes a good Earth Dog and he LOVES to be outdoors. And his energy abounds. He is a tracker and a digger (aren't they all) and he likes small, dark places. All he needs are some basic commands and he'll be ready to go ratting.
Next spring we'll begin a search for an adult dog that wants to live with us.


9 comments:
Oh Beth I'm so sorry. :( But good for you to recognize when you just couldn't be what Rory needed. Too many people can't make this decision and wind up with a frustrated dog that acts out- and they blame it on the dog.
Good luck as the search goes on!
awwww. He is so cute- but if cuteness were the only criteria for how dog and man live together we would not have so many different breeds.
Are you going to look for a different breed, or a different disposition?
At least you gave him love while he was with you...I hope you find the dog of your dreams...you will know, for you will be compatible :)
http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2009/11/surrounded-by-beauty.html
Hi Melissa. Thanks for your thoughts. I have some dear friends, who when I told them about Rory coming to live with us, said (to each other) "I wonder whose dog that is. It's not theirs..." I should have been more patient and taken time in my selection.
You're right, Ilona. Maybe it would be better if all we had was wolves still....
I think we'll be looking for a better temperament in a cairn. They exist, I know, because we had two of them.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hello wildlife Gardener.
Yes, we did love him. He was a bright little spot of life in our house who was always excited to see us and had a good tail wag to say hello.
Hi CF,
I so sorry to hear it didn't work out. I agree with what Melissa said, and I'm glad you recognized it early enough.
I'm not sure if after George is gone I'll get another furry friend. Although I have a brother that even if you're not looking for a pet, he'll sometimes bring one to your house and leave it. Actually the last two pets I've had came from him. :)
I hope your search turns up the perfect little friend you.
Take care
FM
Thanks for your kind words, FM. We figured that a month before Christmas was a perfect time for Rory to find his perfect home. And we taught him a lot, so he's ready to be a good pet for someone.
We'll be taking our time finding another furkid. ;-)
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but I'm glad that the breeder took him back and will place somewhere that is a better fit.
Post a Comment